Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Transit Time


Happy New Year, Everybody!

So, I didn’t make it till midnight on New Year’s Eve. While the world (this half of it) was getting ready to celebrate the transition into a new twelve-month with eagerness, I was not.
Oh, I do not mean that I was not preparing for a transition. I was, just not with the typical hype and partying associated with the First. And it wasn’t the transition I planned for…

Susan, the Impact staff member responsible for the studies of the Girls Home, left on the 31st to move back to Ooty and pursue school. I have now transitioned from the daily two-hour tutoring sessions of one fourth grader to being fully responsible for the studies of all 22 girls until her replacement is found or I leave in March, whichever happens to come first.

Here is my new schedule:

5:00am – Wake Up

5:30am – Worship & Devo Time (w/ the girls or alone)

6:00 - Study Hour (if the electricity is on)

7:00am – Bath Time (for the girls)

7:30am – Breakfast (for the girls) 
                             I drink a cup of tea

8:00am – Off on a Prayer and to the Bus

8:30am – Breakfast for the Aunties

10:00am-1:00pm – Prep Time (for evening studies, etc.)

1:00pm – Lunch

2:00pm – I read and usually fall asleep until 4:00pm

4:15pm – Girls arrive Home

5:15pm – Homework/ Study Time

7:15pm – Dinner

8:00pm – Worship & Devo Time (w/ the girls and the 30 other children)

8:30pm – Bedtime (for the girls)


*I don’t really have too much to report thus far, but here’s a mini-recap:

Sunday night: I was up till 11pm doing data entry of their half-yearly exam scores and signing papers.
Monday: I taught 8 fourth graders and 1 fifth grader fractions (part of that lesson included how to say, “Denominator”).
Tuesday: After a review of 4th grade fractions and a overseeing the completion of 4 3rd graders, I explained the Trinity (and where all the Persons were now), who Darth Vader was, who the Anti-Christ was and that he was NOT the suspect in a Washington murder investigation, that we were waiting for the Second Coming and not the First Coming… (“No, girl. I don’t know when He’s coming back. God only knows.”) And what Hell was and where it is. All in a total time of 5 minutes. ;)
Wednesday: Planning a music class??? (I’ll let you know how it goes…)




1 comment:

  1. That is one busy day, girl!!!!! We are praying for you and we love you!!!!
    -Caroline and Bryan

    ReplyDelete