Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Impressions


It was 3 a.m. when we landed in Kochi, India and cleared Customs. My first hour of being in the country was spent talking to the flight staff concerning my lost carry-on I had been forced to check on the flight out of Denver. After filing a report for them, I walked outside the airport to go find Rachel, who had gone out to find our ride to the Impact Campus. It took me about 15 minutes to find her because it was like a real life “Where’s Waldo” page. When I found her and our driver, it was a 5 hr ride to Coimbatore, but it was longer due to a couple stops for Danny for tea along the way.

The first time I walked into the home of the Chosen Treasures, I was never so pleased to see 22 little girls all look at me with curiosity and smiles! They were playing games and invited me to sit beside them and spell, and play while they introduced themselves to me. I soon became known as “Aunty Steffi” and when I see them and the “Cornerstones” (the older girls) and the 7 boys, it makes my heart happy more than anything else I could ever imagine seeing for these 6 months. I am in love with 52 little hearts.

Thank you all for praying! Planning so much and tutoring can be exhausting! Especially since their exams begin Sept 22! =) All in all, the start has been a success in terms of joy expressed, love given, and strength renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment